Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sinner's Crossroads


While no true Hesychast would approve of this, I must testify to my love for a radio program on WFMU called Sinner's Crossroads. The DJ, Kevin Nutt, describes the selection of music he plays as:
Scratchy vanity 45s, pilfered field recordings, muddy off-the-radio sounds, homemade congregational tapes and vintage commercial gospel throw-downs; a little preachin', a little salvation, a little audio tomfoolery.
It is so much fun, and much better for the soul than rock music. Playlists and archives can be found here, and the podcast (how it reaches me) is easily searchable on iTunes.

2 comments:

John Martin said...

Hallelujah! Thanks for introducing me to this great podcast...and to WFMU!

Felix Culpa said...

It's the best anti-depressive on the market, in my estimation.

WFMU is free-form, so it's a mixed bag, but they have several really good programs.